I stayed up extra late last night.
I wish I could tell you I was having a movie night with my love,
or going to bed after a late night run.
False.
I was doing homework.
Hours of it.
And all for one class mind you.
Computer applications for my major.
Groan.
And I wanted to demolish my alarm clock this morning
when screamed at me to get up and finish my homework.
But I got up
and
finished.
I must say, I felt a little frustrated, a lotta tired, and a tad proud of myself.
Fast forward a couple of hours.
In class.
Rather than starting class with a "thanks for your homework",
she enthusiastically asked reminded us it is due
ON MONDAY.
Monday as in next week,
as in 118 hours from now.
She then preceded to say
one student had turned it in early.
What an overachiever.
And then she smiled really big in my direction.
My body debated crying for the sleep I missed
or getting really mad for the same reason.
Instead, I almost burst out laughing.
My body debated crying for the sleep I missed
or getting really mad for the same reason.
Instead, I almost burst out laughing.
And for the rest of class,
I basically did.
Except silently, of course.
And while I usually fight sleep
like crazy in that class,
I sat completely content
to laugh at my amusing circumstances.
And while I usually fight sleep
like crazy in that class,
I sat completely content
to laugh at my amusing circumstances.
I am certainly not the overachiever,
but despite my oh-so-tired self,
it was fun to be one today :).
No comments:
Post a Comment