Here's the latest update on our jolly Beenfield life.
Bees.
We're not talking little buzz-buzz-oh-let's-make-honey kinda bees.
We're talking monsters.
And no, we didn't take that picture. And no, I do not believe that person was in their right mind when they decided to let a monster rest on their hand.
We live in an old house :) It's rather small, but pleasant. However, it seems to be attracting bees.
Let me tell you a story.
So yesterday I get home from the epic job search, walk into the bathroom and there is a HUGE BLACK MONSTER CARPENTER BEE threatening my life, my sanity, my posterity. Oh boy. And this thing can buzz. We're talking like a heavy duty razor kind of buzz (aka I can hear it wherever I am in my house..which may not be saying too much for those of you who have enjoyed our tiny apartment, but really)
For about 37 seconds I thought I was going to be a conquering warrior woman and show that bee who's boss, but that thing buzzed again and I was done. Shut the door. Dear sweet husband, please kill the monster when you get home in 6 hours.
So my darling husband comes home and decides it's time to check out the bee (he had had a previous encounter last week), however it was gone. Mysterious, just like true monsters. After he checked it twice, I decided it was safe territory, kind of.
Fast forward two hours, we're brushing our teeth, talking about where that bee could have gone. Scott reaches for his man toiletry bag and BUZZ. Scott screams (in a very manly way) and I scream and book it for the front door.
The bee keeps buzzing, and the bag itself is vibrating on the floor. That is not normal people.
Of course my stalwart prince charming took the bee outside and dumps the bag out, to find the bee cannot fly. However, as soon as he tells me this, the monster bee flies straight toward the door. Oh man, I almost lost it.
Needless to say, the monster bee was conquered by Scott and now I jump at every sound that resembles buzzing. (I hope one day my cell phone can return to vibrate mode).
This very much reminded me of an experience with other creatures in India.
Well, that's all. Be safe. Be mighty. Beeware.
peace love and happiness!
amy kathleen
by the way, although I cannot conquer a bee, I did conquer 4 years of BYU and I'm a BYU grad!!
Bees.
We're not talking little buzz-buzz-oh-let's-make-honey kinda bees.
We're talking monsters.
And no, we didn't take that picture. And no, I do not believe that person was in their right mind when they decided to let a monster rest on their hand.
We live in an old house :) It's rather small, but pleasant. However, it seems to be attracting bees.
Let me tell you a story.
So yesterday I get home from the epic job search, walk into the bathroom and there is a HUGE BLACK MONSTER CARPENTER BEE threatening my life, my sanity, my posterity. Oh boy. And this thing can buzz. We're talking like a heavy duty razor kind of buzz (aka I can hear it wherever I am in my house..which may not be saying too much for those of you who have enjoyed our tiny apartment, but really)
For about 37 seconds I thought I was going to be a conquering warrior woman and show that bee who's boss, but that thing buzzed again and I was done. Shut the door. Dear sweet husband, please kill the monster when you get home in 6 hours.
So my darling husband comes home and decides it's time to check out the bee (he had had a previous encounter last week), however it was gone. Mysterious, just like true monsters. After he checked it twice, I decided it was safe territory, kind of.
Fast forward two hours, we're brushing our teeth, talking about where that bee could have gone. Scott reaches for his man toiletry bag and BUZZ. Scott screams (in a very manly way) and I scream and book it for the front door.
The bee keeps buzzing, and the bag itself is vibrating on the floor. That is not normal people.
Of course my stalwart prince charming took the bee outside and dumps the bag out, to find the bee cannot fly. However, as soon as he tells me this, the monster bee flies straight toward the door. Oh man, I almost lost it.
Needless to say, the monster bee was conquered by Scott and now I jump at every sound that resembles buzzing. (I hope one day my cell phone can return to vibrate mode).
This very much reminded me of an experience with other creatures in India.
Well, that's all. Be safe. Be mighty. Beeware.
peace love and happiness!
amy kathleen
by the way, although I cannot conquer a bee, I did conquer 4 years of BYU and I'm a BYU grad!!
![]() |
| The Drake clan |
![]() |
| We match. :) |
![]() |
| Lizzie graduated the same day! |




Thank you for a good laugh, although I would not be laughing if I was there with you and that bee! Love your blog, keep it up. You'll be glad you did. Love, MOM
ReplyDelete