In May, Scott got a realllllyyyy exciting phone call that he made it into PA School at Marietta College in Marietta Ohio. We screamed and laughed and I cried (for joy!). He had been on the waiting list, so we were super glad to hear he got in. And also a little worried because we had to move in a little over a month! School started here beginning of June.
It was so bittersweet to move. I had once had my reservations about Provo, but oh man, I had come to seriously adore that place. It was hard to leave all our friends--and Madeline's little friends too! She had become so attached to them :(. But you can't live student life forever. So we packed up (oh boy, did we pack and pack and pack), and headed out to OHIO!
It's been quite the adjustment (can you say humidity? :) ). Provo is a little world of its own, and even more so in the area we lived with everyone being our age and being in the same stage of life. I mean, our little apartment building had 4 kids all Madeline's age (it was awesome.)
 |
| a really blurry picture of the Beenfield clan while we were driving away! we miss them! |
 |
| Saying goodbye to her bestie. So sweet. |
 |
| Last picture outside our apartment |
 |
| This girl in the airport. I flew out with Madeline by myself. Longest day everrrr. |
Here's a little bit of what Marietta is like:
-We live in a super darling little yellow house. With a fenced in backyard and on a darling little quiet street. Finding the house was an answer to a lot of prayers and lots of searching.
-Marietta is right on the river--two rivers actually--the Ohio and the Muskingum. I love the river trail!
-Rivers mean more humidity and more mosquitoes. The amount of mosquito bites I have and the amount of insect repellant I wear makes me feel like I am always camping.
-Marietta has lots of
history--and that means lots of old cool buildings, museums, and historical sites. We've only explored a few so far.
-We live in a cute neighborhood where most people are retired. They are super sweet and spoil Madeline. One of our neighbors bought Madeline a tricycle and we barely knew them! From watering our plants, to mowing our lawn, to lots of driveway chats, I am continually in awe of their kindness.
-There is a festival here like every single weekend. Since being here we've been to the Sweet Corn Festival, River Front Roar (boat racing on the river), Harmar Days, Inland Waterways, andd I think I'm missing some.
-Marietta is definitely more rural that any other place I've lived. Lots of beautiful rolling hills and woods. And tractor stores. And not a lot of things to do....we're still working on that department.
-We love our ward here (LDS congregation). It's smaller, but they are incredibly kind and welcoming. I am assigned to work with the young women and I love them :) They inspire me to be better!
-We've made a self-proclaimed PA wives club--and there are only three of us. But we get together A LOT.
-Scott loves school and his classmates. He spends about 90% of his awake hours studying, so it's a good thing he likes it! First summer semester down (he got straight A's! :) )!
But despite all the newness, Marietta is starting to feel like home. Can't wait for fall--it's going to be gorgeous here!
 |
| Ohio River |
 |
| River trail! |
 |
| exploring. lots of cool brick in this city! i love brick roads. |
 |
| At the River Front Roar festival checking out the racing boats |
 |
| Our favorite frozen custard that we frequent wayy too much :) |
 |
| I don't know why I find this so amusing, but I do. |
 |
| I love our backyard! |
 |
| Marietta College Campus |
 |
| Caught up with this hot PA student for lunch :) |
 |
| New house! |
 |
| Harmar Days Festival |
peace and love,
amy kathleen
That place looks perfect! I'm so glad you found a nice house to live in and a fenced in backyard makes all the difference. :) Sounds like guys are really enjoying the experience. We would love to visit sometime!
ReplyDeleteCamille!! Hey! How's North Carolina?? So excited to hear that Carson passed the PANCE and got a job! Hope things are going well. Yes yes yes! Come visit anytime! We want to make it out to North Carolina at some point too!
DeleteIt sounds like you guys are doing so great! I want to see more pictures of your cute house!
ReplyDeleteAlicia!! How's Iowa?? Miss you guys! I'll post more pictures soon :) Once I can have my house clean for more than 5 minutes--toddler life is not helping our cleanliness situation haha. I saw that your little man is walking! :) CUTE!
Delete