| Research is going well :) |
Monday is the fourteenth. That means half-way through February people.
Whoa. When did that happen?
So we're all sitting here, 9 o'clock a Friday night. Jaci, Amy, Kelly and I.
Jaci is busy doing some awesome henna on Amy's hands (I'm next!), Kelly is blogging, Amy is chatting about a very cool boy, and here I am blogging. Game night was sort of a failure, we were lacking willing people to play Taboo. It was funny--but you can only play that game so long with four people.
There aren't that many things to do in India on a Friday night. But after a night of brainstorming, we have some cool new ideas:
We're going to learn to crochet and start a crochet club. Don't laugh; it's cool.
Headband making parties.
We're going to find roller blades and start a rollerskating gang (or batch in Indian lingo).
Paper macheing a pinata with newspaper. (ignore the lack of correct gramar..)
Learn to cook Indian food.
Round up all the neighborhood kids and play the balloon game. Basically, you tie a balloon around your waist and then run around crazily trying to pop everyone's.
Music videos on the roof.
Indian photo shoot.
Tie-dye.
Find a guitar.
Get really awesome at double-dutch. No, no one double-dutches here, but it's on my list of things to do before I die, so we might as well learn while we have time :)
Our brainstorming had it's low points. The idea of painting faces on rocks and then leaving them on peoples' doorsteps may have been suggested...I thought it was funny..
Today we had some fun adventures. We rode the bus. That's not such an accomplishment in America, but by golly it sure is here. We got on the wrong bus first.
It was especially amusing because we had to stop the bus, get off and walk past the same bus stop we'd just been waiting at to get to the right one. I laughed.
I almost fell out when I forgot about the necessity for a death grip on the handle above me and attempted to fix my scarf. It resulted in a scream and a lot of worried and amused faces.
I'm really excited to see these people in a month and a half.
![]() |
| LOVE. these. people. |
| I can't help but notice all the Drake girls are the same height... |
My mom emailed me and told me Erin cried because she missed me. Goodness I miss her too. And my phone call with my mother got interrupted by that rude Indian woman telling me I have no minutes left. Ugh.
India is wonderful.
Life is great.
Love from across the ocean blue,
amy kathleen

hahaha. our brainstorming night was verging on pathetic. but to be fair, drawing faces on rocks didn't make it to the list. cheers to rollerblading & becoming knitting fools :)
ReplyDelete