I've had this really nasty cough for a couple weeks. And let me tell you, being sick in India is NOT fun.
One. It's a million degrees here. Two. No air conditioning. Three. I've been coughing like an smoker. Four. There is no such thing as a "light meal" here. No saltines or veggies to snack on when spicy food isn't quite your fancy that day. Four. I can't call my momma on the phone. Five. I have no idea how to even attempt finding a good doctor.
I explained this to my Heavenly Father during one of my prayers after spending the entire night coughing up a storm.
And he sent me some angels.
At choir that night, a sweet sister from the branch asked if she could take me to the doctor. For a split second I hesitated and almost pulled out the "Oh no thank you, I'm fine" line. But I realized my frog-like croaky voice would be hardly convincing AND this was my answer to my prayer! I've never been so happy at the thought of going to the doctor's office--I almost started crying on the spot. I am totally turning into my mother.
I hopped on the back of her motorcycle (and I totally didn't wear a helmet) and she took me to the hospital, got me a really good doctor, and took me straight to the drug store after that.
So just in case you didn't know,
He is listening. and there are angels in India.
peace and love. amy kathleen.
No comments:
Post a Comment