Sometimes I look in the mirror and I realize I look like my Mom. Especially when I cut my hair.
Sometimes I say something and as soon as the words leave my mouth I think, Oh my gosh, my mother would say that.
And more frequently, I realize I am so like my Mom.
I can find a seriously awesome deal at a thrift store.
I fall asleep during EVERY movie.
I have funny awkward things happen to me on a daily basis.
I can make some good Richmond tradition spaghetti.
I park in one of the farthest spots from the store
and then I'll run if it's cold outside.
I can be creative with a little bit of fabric.
I jump up and down when I cheer for people.
And while I laugh at these little things, there's really no one else I'd rather be like.
My Momma is a champion. She runs, she stands up for her beliefs, she bargains down deals at the thrift store, and oh hey, she conquered cancer. She is an anchor of strength.
My Momma is gorgeous. I love that I inherited blue eyes from this woman.
She is sweet, caring, compassionate, and thoughtful. One of my favorite things growing up was finding her love notes on my pillow or in my track bag (which she frequently had to bring to the school when I forgot it). She is a fabulous visiting teacher and she always knows when people are in need.
She is hilarious and fun and goofy. You may not know this, but my mother dances in the kitchen. All the time. She dances with our dog, and with my dad. She sings silly songs around the house and I love every minute of it. She stayed at my college apartment once and was a giggly college girl with us the whole time. I remember one night when Jenny (my darling roommate), my mom, and I laughed so hard about a story my mom told us that girls knocked on my door and hushed us.
She is my cheerleader. She was easy to find during my cross country races. The red head mom screaming and jumping up and down. Yupp, that's my Momma. She came to my dance practices and wasn't afraid to tell me when I was doing something not quite right. And she came to every dance recital. She cheers for the boys that I like, when they ask me out, or hold my hand, or do something charming. Last year, when the cute boy I was crushing on finally asked me out, she put money in my bank account to buy a new sweater :).
She is constant. One of my favorite things ever when I am home is being able to go lay next to her on her bed and chat. She is a good listener and a good advisor. She gives the best advice every time. Mother knows best kids.
She is my example of obedience, diligence, faith, and strength. I love seeing her study the scriptures every morning and I love that she continuously has conference talks and ensign articles to share with me.
She has taught me I am a daughter of God and has raised me in the gospel of Jesus Christ. She has taught me about priorities and truth and standing up for what is right. She has taught me to smile, to love, to do good, to love the Lord, to be a shining star :)
She has been a refuge during my storms.
My advisor through my continuous scramble to figure out my future.
She has laughed at my stories and cried for my struggles.
She is the most updated on my love life and I love that she is.
She has sacrificed so much for me, and so much for my siblings.
I know she doesn't think so, but she is the perfect Momma.
And one day Mom, I want to be just like you. I want to be a pillar of strength like you, fight battles like you, and be the wonderful mother and wife you are. Mom, you are my shining star :)
happy mothers day Momma.
I love you.


No comments:
Post a Comment