Background

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thunder and blossoms.



Ohio is beautiful.

I had a seriously awesome time being home with my family. My sisters are getting so old (ok they're only 12 and 15...) and they make me laugh all the time.

I went to Megan's track meet and dang did that girl make me proud. First place in the two mile. AND she beat a boy. Mom and I were drawing all sorts of attention to ourselves jumping up and down and screaming for all 8 laps. Families rock.

Check out that champion face. 'atta girl :)

I flew kites with my little sisters. And I was the one getting my kite all tangled. Apparently my little sisters have perfected the art of kite flying; yeah, never got that one down. Sorry girls :)
Carrie showed up during the kite flying. And I just dropped my kite and ran screaming to see her. It wasn't 5 seconds before I grabbed her left hand and saw a ring. That's right, she's engaged. We both cried. Happy tears of course.

My stylish momma :)


My mom grabbed the camera when Carrie told me the big news :)


I got to talk to two seminary classes about India, and the people I love there, and all the cool things I learned. And I got to do the same thing at a fireside. Oh and for the newspaper. It made me super happy to talk about my experiences but it made me miss all the people that make up my Indian family.


I went hiking just me and the parents. And it was so funny. My parents are hilarious. Yes. Hilarious. It's funny how you get older and your parents get cooler all the time. And they start telling me all these stories I've never heard before (including their dating details. LOVE those.) and I loved every minute of it.


I'm a lucky girl.

I got to see lots of people that I love.
We had awesome adventures when I babysat these girls. I adore them with basically my whole heart.
These are my precious dance girls I taught dance to three years ago. Yeah, not so little anymore.


I don't think I ever stopped smiling.

Goodness, life is good.

OH. And Ohio has the prettiest spring in all the world. That is not a lie; not an exaggeration. Really. I just wanted to drink up all the smell of the blossoms. AND it thundered, which you should know is one of my favorite things on earth. Right next to running in the rain, which I also got to do.

Yay for Ohio. Yay for family. Yay for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment