We said goodbye to Marietta this past summer. Here's my catch-up post for that too :)
Time flies way too fast.
And just a few weeks ago we said goodbye to little Marietta Ohio, and our cute little yellow house. We expected to stay there for two years, but found out we could do Scott's rotation year in Cincinnati--so we took the chance to go live closer to my family for a year! The three and a half hour drive was just not cutting it.
And for so many reasons I was bad at blogging while I was there, so I'm playing catch up so I remember the best details.
1. We lived in a cute yellow house. Finding housing there was an adventure in and of itself, but Heavenly Father seems to have his ways of making things falling into place at the last minute.
Here are all the things I want to remember about it:
It was old, and had cute charm. Old original wood floors, yay. And also a really creepy dirt basement. I think I went down there a total of four times.
Fenced in backyards = awesome when there's a two year old involved. We had a lot of fun in the backyard. Especially at the end, when I was super sick with morning sickness and would just lay on a blanket in the backyard and let Madeline play outside. Thank heavens for a big sturdy high fence :)
We had awesome neighbors who were so so kind.
Here are some glimpses of some corners of the house (all from the awful quality of my cell phone):
 |
| Most of the front of the house. |
 |
| Madeline had an awesome chalk board in her room. |
 |
| Half of the kitchen, looking to the front of the house |
 |
| The only picture I have of the awesome old fireplaces in the house. There were two cool ones. |
 |
| Our street. |
 |
| And may we never forget the big old oak in the back yard that dumped thousandssss of leaves every day. |
 |
| One of several large fall clean-ups. |
 |
| Madeline's little neighbor buddy |
2. Our little self-proclaimed PA Wives club got me through the year. Thank heavens for Hailey, Leah, (and we adopted Meghan in there too!). I spent most mornings running with Hailey and we did something almost every day (until I hit the morning sickness stage in the winter!). Life saver. We had a lot of fun learning the ins and outs of our new city, relating about the boys being constantly studying, getting together for Sunday night dinners, and letting our babies play. Hunter and Madeline became best buddies. Leah had her baby in the winter, so it was fun welcoming her into motherhood!
Some funny/fun adventures included: Williamstown park, the pools, visiting/hanging out with the Grossels', summer festivals, Cincinnati trips, lots of sweaty/humid running, craft nights, the play area at the mall, library trips, doing workout videos, crafts with the kiddos, campus/cemetery walks, visiting little shops/shopping fairs, hiking, and more. It was funny trying to find something new everyday (which proved to be quite the feat for the area :) )
 |
| Indoor track runs |
 |
| Trolley ride :) we had the best/funniest adventures. |
3. Working with the young women (gals 12-18) at our church! I had such a great time getting to know them and hanging out with teenagers again :). I still really think I'm 17 sometimes. They were great girls and they, and the other sweet sweet ladies I worked with taught me so much!!
So long Marietta! We hopped up the Ohio River and are on to the next adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment